Auto Insurance

Request for Auto Insurance Funding

Starting July 1, 2024 Driver’s Assistance will implement a new step-down payment model for all car insurance requests as follows:

  • For the first 6 months of program participation, Treehouse will pay 80% of a young person’s car insurance premiums. The youth or their caregiver will be responsible for paying the remaining 20%.
  • For the second 6 months, Treehouse will pay 60% of the young person’s car insurance premiums. The youth or their caregiver will be responsible for paying the remaining 40%. 
  • Finally, youth will transition to the third step, and Treehouse will pay 40% of a young person’s car insurance premiums until they exit the program. The youth or caregiver will be responsible for paying the remaining 60%.  

NOTE: There will be a monthly cap of $35,000 for insurance payments. All funding will be firstcome, firstserved, and funding is not guaranteed until the request has been approved by staff.

On the first business day of each month, we will open the auto insurance request form on our website.  Once our monthly cap is met, we will then close the request form until the following month.

See here for full details.