Your Privacy is Important to Us
This privacy statement explains how information about you is collected, used, and disclosed by Treehouse (“Treehouse,” “we” or “us”) when you access or use our websites (“Site”) or when you interact with us offline (including by mail, fax or in person), including when you donate to or sign up to volunteer with Treehouse through the Site or offline. This policy does not apply to the information we collect from social workers who may provide referrals to us through the Site (such information is subject to confidentiality obligations in a separate agreement). Questions regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us both offline and via the Site. For example, we collect information when you submit donations , apply to be a volunteer, sign up for mailing lists, and when you email or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your contact information (such as name, email, phone number and billing address), and any other information you voluntarily provide. If you provide payment method information in connection with an online donation, our payment processing vendor collects this information directly via the Site. Treehouse does not store or have access to payment method information collected online Treehouse may also collect Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers from prospective volunteers. Treehouse uses such information only to perform background checks on prospective volunteers and to otherwise process volunteer applications.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Site, including:
- Log Files. We collect log files when you access or use our Site, including the type of web browser you use, access time and date, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
We may use any of the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- process donations and distribute receipts;
- review and evaluate prospective volunteers;
- provide, maintain, and improve our services, including by monitoring and analyzing usage of our Site;
- respond to your comments and questions; and
- communicate with you about Treehouse news, events, and other information we think will be of interest to you. For instance, we may communicate with you to thank you for a donation or to send you notice of an upcoming fund-raising campaign.
We do not trade, sell or rent donor or volunteer lists to other organizations. We may share personal information about you as follows:
- with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf. For instance, we use a payment processing service provider to charge users for donations;
- donor names and donation amounts may be disclosed to the general public unless donors request to be anonymous;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation. For instance, we may share donor information with relevant U.S. and state agencies (these reports are not generally accessible to the public); and
- with your consent or at your direction.
We take reasonable precautions to protect information we collect about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
To protect the security of the payment method information you give us when you donate online, either through our donation catalog or our “Donate Now” page, the Site uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. While on a page utilizing SSL, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just ‘surfing’. To learn more about SSL, follow this link http://www.symantec.com.
If you have any questions about the security on our Site or at Treehouse, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating Personal Information
If your contact or other information changes, please contact Treehouse directly at (206) 767-7000. If you no longer want to receive communications from us about donation solicitations, events or other promotional materials, please email email@example.com with the changes you’d like to make. If you no longer wish to receive our E-News or Blog updates, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by choosing “unsubscribe” found at the bottom of the E-Newsletter and Blog e-mails. Please note that we may still send you non-promotional communications, including information about your online account, security alerts or prior donations.
Notification of Changes
Last Updated November 24, 2015