Make a Referral
How to Access Treehouse Services
Our goal is for every child and youth in foster care in Washington State to have a Treehouse referral submitted for services.
Referrals are accepted from:
- Children’s Administration Social Workers
- Case Managers (Must be private agency for foster care or YMCA Young Adult Services staff)
- Attorneys representing youth
Referrals must be made for all Treehouse programs including: Graduation Success and Educational Advocacy, Little Wishes, the Wearhouse, and Holiday Magic.
New to Treehouse? Please review our Referral FAQ to learn how to submit a referral.
- If this is your first time making a referral, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.
- Once your account is set up, go to our Referral page and click on “My Referrals” in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen. Review the list to make sure that you have not previously submitted a referral for the youth.
- If the youth does not already have a referral listed, scroll to the bottom of the “My Referrals” page and click on “Create New Referral”. Please fill out as much of the referral form as you can. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page to submit your referral.
- If the youth already has a referral listed, you can update their information by clicking “Edit” next to their name.
You should update referrals any time demographic information about the youth changes (such as their school, caregiver, etc.) and/or any time you would like a youth to be referred for a specific education program.
You will also need to update all referrals on an annual basis. Our current referral year runs August 1st through July 31st, and we accept updated/new referrals starting each July 1st for the following year.
Youth already engaged in the Graduation Success academic support program do not need an annual referral and will be automatically be rolled over to the new referral year.
Any referral entered into this website is automatically uploaded into our system. If you would like to double-check, please contact Treehouse at email@example.com.
Referrals are usually processed within 3-4 business days, but it may take up to a week for referred youth to be able to receive Treehouse services.
For the Educational Advocacy academic support program, we will contact social workers and caregivers within a week. For all other services, we generally reach out to the caregiver directly within 3-4 days. You are welcome to contact Treehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to discuss a youth’s case.
Click “My Account” in the Navigation Bar on the left side of the screen. At the top of the page, click “Edit.” Enter your new password and click “Save.”