Referrals are active from the date of submission to the following July 31st of that year, regardless of placement type. If a youth returns home or achieves another permanent plan, they are still eligible to receive Treehouse services for that referral year. However, they will not be eligible for a new referral for the following service year.
*Exceptions are youth who are engaged in or have successfully completed the Treehouse Graduation Success program or youth actively engaged with the YMCA young adult programs. Youth actively engaged in our Graduation Success program will automatically be rolled over into all programs for the following service year (regardless of placement type) and do not require a new referral.
The Wearhouse/ Little Wishes (including Summer Opportunities)
- Youth ages 0-24 are eligible for the Wearhouse/Little Wishes.
- Youth must be placed in King County or their case must be held in King County.
- OR, Youth must be enrolled in YMCA Independent Living/Transitional Housing program. Youth can be 18 or older, but must have formerly been in foster care.
- Youth must be placed in Washington State
- Youth must have one or more of the following immediate needs:
- Student needs expansion/revision to existing IEP or help with the SpEd evaluation process
- Student is at risk of retention or not graduating.
- Student needs assistance with school enrollment or re-admittance.
- Student has a current/preventative need regarding suspension or expulsion.
- For youth who do not meet eligibility requirements, Educational Advocacy may be able to offer a one-time conversation (to provide information, resources, or referrals for appropriate agencies or services to youth, caregivers or social workers) Please contact Nicole Toth, Educational Advocacy Senior Coordinator, at 206.267.5149 or email@example.com.
- For Youth involved with Educational Advocacy – Once a permanent plan is established or children have returned to their birth home, they will be transitioned out of the Educational Advocacy Program, but they will still be eligible for other Treehouse services through the referral year if placed or dependent out of King County.
- Youth must be placed in King County.
- Youth must be in 6th through 12th
- Youth must be attending a middle or high school in a school district served by the program.
- For youth involved in Graduation Success, we will continue to serve that youth in all Treehouse services as long as they continue to actively engage in the Graduation Success Program, regardless of the legal status of the case. Upon completion of the Graduation Success program, youth will continue to be eligible for Treehouse Enrichment programs through the age of 24.
Youth in out-of-home care in Washington State (between October and December of the current year) are eligible. Kids also must fit under one or more of the following criteria:
- Dependent Children of the State of Washington- youth are eligible if they are in out-of-home placement.
- Extended Foster Care/Foster Care to 21- youth age 18 years and over participating in these programs.
- Courtesy Supervision- a child/youth who is dependent of the state of Washington who resides in a different region or state.
- Shelter Placement Care- a child/youth that has been placed in out-of-home care
- Interstate Compact- a dependent child/youth of the state of Washington who resides out of state.
Click here to submit a referral for a foster youth today.